Do you want a linear electric fireplace that virtually blends into the wall? The Napoleon Alluravision is designed with a minimalistic frame so that you notice the flames rather than the fireplace surround.
Due to its sleek design, this model has a modern, high-end look. In fact, it looks more like a flat screen TV rather than a traditional fireplace.
Your Options for Installing an Alluravision Fireplace:
You can install this unit in a couple of ways. Plus, it comes in both “Slim” and “Deep” versions, which give you even more flexibility as far as installation.
The slimline version has a depth of only 4.25 inches, so it can still lay fairly flat to the wall even if wall mounted.
2. Recess into Wall: Alternatively, you can recess the Alluravision into the wall. In this case, it will lay completely flush to the wall, giving you an almost seamless installation.
Deep VS Slim – Which Should You Get?
As I mentioned above, the “Slim” measures 4.25″ deep, whereas the “Deep” version measures 5.8″ deep. The Slim fits in a 2×4 wall application, while the Deep fits in a 2×6 wall.
Of course, if you could install either version. However, the Deep model offers a few advantages:
- Provides a deeper ember bed, for more of a 3D effect.
- Offers more space in the fireplace, so you can use the driftwood logs.
- Can wire to 220, so you can almost double the heat output.
- Comes with downlighting option, in addition the flames and ember bed lights.
Install Flush – or Create Your Own Custom Mantel?
With either model, you can install them flush to the wall instead of having to build or buy a fireplace mantel. That said, flush units also allow you to easily build your own surround with materials like reclaimed wood or stone veneer.
In other words, you can create a unique, one-of-a-kind fireplace for your home and configure it anywhere you like. Plus, you don’t have to worry about the cost and work of adding venting or a chimney.
Saving Money: Overall, electric fireplaces are very economical units, compared to their gas, pellet or wood burning counterparts. Not to mention, you can operate them without heat (just flames), and they cost virtually pennies to run.
Alluravision VS Other Electric Fireplaces:
The Alluravision also has a few more advantages over other electric fireplaces.
First of all, it has ultra bright LED lights. Therefore, you can enjoy flickering flames even in broad daylight. Not all fireplaces can do this.
Second, the blower for the heater is whisper quiet. This upgraded feature contributes to the sophisticated style of this model. In short, it feels more like a fireplace than an electric heater.
Note: The fireplace specs below apply to the 50″ model. However, this series also comes in sizes: 42″, 60″, 74″ and 100″. In addition, all lengths (except 100″) offer a deep and slim version. Slim measure 4.25″ deep, while deep measures 5.8″ deep, thus a difference of about 1 1/2″.
Specs for the Napoleon Alluravision Electric Fireplace:
- Model Size: 50″
- Dimensions: 52.7″ Wide x 17.3″ Tall x 5.8″ Deep
- Weight: 95 lbs
- Frame Material: Steel
- Box Color: Black
- 4 Flame Color Options: Blue, Orange, Yellow & Multi-Color
- Heat Output: 50,000 BTU’s
- 2,800 Watts
- Heats Up to 800 Square Feet
- Includes Remote Control
- Installation Manual and User Guide
- Model #: NEFL50CHD
- Manufacturer: Napoleon
- Phone: 1-866-820-8686 (customer support)
- For Sale: Where to Buy the Alluravision Fireplace