Do you want to turn a plain, ordinary room into a warm, inviting space (on a budget)? Use an electric fireplace TV stand to add heat, ambiance, an interesting focal point and a place to set up your television.
Instead of purchasing a TV stand, an entertainment center and a fireplace separately, you can save a bunch of money by getting all 3 in one furnishing. Not to mention, a “fireplace within a cabinet” can turn a “blah” room into a cozy, comfortable space.
1. Walker Edison Fireplace TV Stand:
First, we found the Walker Edison Classic Fireplace TV Stand. which comes in multiples colors. It can hold a 80″ television, plus it hides all cords in its built-in cord management system.
The central firebox adds instant ambiance at the push of a button, plus it can heat up to 400 square feet of space. Therefore, you can use it as a supplemental heat source, or simply run the flames without heat and save money!
Last, the open shelves offer a good amount of storage without a lot of extra cost.
2. Modern Electric Fireplace TV Console
Second, you can opt for a more modern look with a sleek grey, black or white finish. This European-style unit sits lower to the ground (about 22″ tall) and features no exterior handles or hardware.
Note: The firebox also has a modern look, with a glass ember bed and flames that can change colors (due to the unique LED light kit).
In addition, this TV console is also quite functional. For example, the 2 cabinets on either side of the fire box provide ample storage. Plus, the stand itself can accommodate an 88″ flat screen television.
3. Modern Farmhouse Fireplace Cabinet with Barn Doors:
Third, we have the popular modern farmhouse style electric fireplace with barn door cabinets. It comes in several different colors, so you can customize the look to fit your home.
Note: The natural wood look of the cabinetry brings a relaxed feel and warmth to the space, whether in a living bedroom, den or home office.
For a single piece of furniture, this farmhouse fireplace cabinet can really transform the look and feel of a space. Simply plug the firebox into a standard wall outlet and heat a room up to 400 square feet. Then, add a rug, a cozy sofa and settle in with a good book.
Pros & Cons Comparison Chart for Fireplace TV Stands:
This chart should help you quickly compare the pros and cons of these electric fireplace TV stands and make an informed decision based on your specific preferences and needs.
|Electric Fireplace TV Stand
|Walker Edison Wren Cubby TV Stand
|– Classic design
– Ample storage
– Realistic fireplace
|– Assembly required
– Limited heating capabilities
|Modern Fireplace TV Console
|– Modern aesthetics
– High-quality materials
– Ample storage
– Effective heating
|– Higher price
– Heavier construction
|Walker Edison Georgetown Modern Farmhouse TV Stand
|– Rustic charm
– Storage versatility
– Realistic fireplace
– Easy installation
|– Larger size may not suit small spaces
– Price variation depending on seller
7 Things to Know About Electric Fireplace TV Stands Before You Buy:
1. Are These Fireplaces Easy to Set Up?
- Easy-Peasy: Most models are a breeze to install, and they come with DIY instructions. Plus, these vent-free fireplaces don’t require a chimney or ventilation.
2. Do Electric Fireplaces Make Good Heaters?
- Effectiveness: Electric fireplace TV stands are quite effective at heating. They usually cover areas from 200 to 1,000 square feet, depending on the model.
- Energy Efficiency: Fear not the electricity bill! They are efficient, costing roughly 8-12 cents per hour, which is cheaper than your daily coffee addiction.
3. Is an Electric Fireplace Safe in a Cabinet?
- These space heaters typically have overheat protection and cool-to-touch glass. While they are safe, it’s always wise not to leave them on when you’re out for a weekend getaway.
4. Do Electric Fireplaces Require Lots of Maintenance?
- Low Maintenance Friends: Occasional dusting and glass cleaning are as high-maintenance as it gets.
Are Electric Fireplaces Noisy? During operation, they’re typically as quiet as a library, not like a rowdy sports bar. The hum of the fan is like a well-behaved background guest.
5. How to Choose the Best Fireplace TV Stand for Your Space:
- Measure Your TV: Start with your TV. Measure its width, height, and diagonal size. Your TV should fit comfortably on the TV stand without hanging over the edges.
- Consider Your Room: Think about the room’s size. A larger room can accommodate a bigger TV stand. In smaller spaces, a more compact stand may be ideal.
- Proportions Matter: Keep proportions in mind. The TV stand should complement the room’s size, neither dominating nor disappearing.
- Spacing: Leave some space around the TV. For example, aim for at least a few inches on each side and above the TV for aesthetics and ventilation. In addition, allow enough clearance for walkways and doors.
- Storage Needs: Think about storage. If you have a lot of media equipment, gaming consoles or decor items, you’ll want a TV stand with ample storage options. Alsoo, look for a unit with a cable management system.
- TV Stand Height: The height of the TV stand matters. For instance, the ideal height aligns the TV with your eye level when seated, creating a comfortable viewing experience.
- Style and Design: Consider the style and design of the TV stand. It should harmonize with your room’s decor, whether it’s modern, traditional, rustic, or another style.
- Weight Capacity: Check the weight capacity of the TV stand to ensure it can support both your TV and any additional equipment you plan to place on it.
In conclusion, an electric fireplace TV stand seamlessly blends style and functionality, offering the cozy charm of a fireplace while serving as a practical TV stand.