Do you want a compact, safe, vent-free heater for your camper? This 28-inch electric RV fireplace heater can warm up to 300 square feet, and it adds ambiance too.
Why Get an Electric Fireplace Heater for Your RV?
Get realistic flickering flames that you can enjoy inside your camper just by pushing a button. In addition, you don’t have to worry about propane gas, venting or heaters that can accidentally tip over.
For RV living, these electric fireplaces come in really handy since they don’t take up extra floor or counter space. Plus, you don’t have to worry about tripping over these heaters, and the glass front stays cool to the touch. I feel very safe around these fireplaces.
In addition, these appliances are super low maintenance, and the LED bulbs seem to last forever. Not to mention, they make your interior space feel more homey and cozy. Sideline units are known for having some of the most realistic flames too.
Choose the LED flame color from yellow/orange to blue and adjust the brightness using a handy handheld remote (or the on-screen control panel). You can even run the fireplace with or without the heat.
Pros & Cons of Electric Fireplaces in RVs:
Using an electric fireplace heater in your RV can be a sizzling idea, but let’s weigh the pros and cons before you dive in…
- Efficiency on Wheels: New electric fireplace heaters are incredibly efficient. They heat your space without guzzling propane, making them eco-friendly, budget-friendly and practical.
- Easy Installation: Installing one is easier than making a cup of instant noodles. Just plug it in, and you’re ready to bask and relax in the warmth.
- No Fumes, No Worries: Unlike traditional RV heaters, electric fireplaces don’t emit any harmful fumes or require venting, so you can breathe easy.
- Ambiance Overload: With realistic flame effects, they add a cozy, cabin-like atmosphere to your home on wheels. It’s like having a mini ski lodge on the go.
- Power Hunger: Electric heaters are hungry for power, and if you’re boondocking without shore power, you might drain your batteries faster than you can say “s’mores.”
- Size Matters: RVs are cozy, and fireplace inserts can be space hogs. Make sure you have room to accommodate one without feeling cramped.
- They Don’t Roast Marshmallows: Sadly, these indoor fireplaces are for show, not for marshmallow toasting over the logs. You’ll still need a campfire for that.
Electric RV Fireplaces Can Be Easy and Cheap to Install:
Plus, installation can be as simple as plugging in the unit to a 120 volt electrical outlet. The Sideline electric fireplace is designed to be recessed flush into a wall, and you can plug it in or hardwire it.
You can mount it flush to the wall or in a cabinet because the blower vents are located on the face of the unit and blow outward. Plus the slim 5″ depth enables it to easily fit in most walls or cabinets.
Compare Portable Models: If you’re concerned about space or want flexibility in choosing where to place your fireplace, consider portable electric fireplace heaters. These units don’t require wall installation and can be moved around your RV as needed.
Consider Wall Mounting Brackets: If you prefer a wall-mounted electric fireplace, look for models that come with adjustable wall mounting brackets. These brackets allow you to easily change the height and position of the fireplace
Note: You can install these compact electric fireplaces in your home as well. For example, these smaller models work well in bathrooms, entryways, home offices, etc.. The package contains complete installation instructions.
Their lower price point, easy installation and convenient size allows to you add a hearth insert in spaces where you might have thought it wasn’t possible. Sideline electric fireplaces also come in a 40-inch size and a 36-inch version.
Specs for the Sideline RV Fireplace Heater:
- Dimensions: 28″ Wide x 5″ Deep x 16 1/2″ Tall
- Firebox Size: 23″ Wide x 15 2/5″ High
- Installation: Recess or Hang on Wall
- Weight: 22 lbs
- Frame Color: Black
- 3 Flame Colors
- 5 Brightness Settings
- Heating Area: 300 Square Feet
- 2 Heat Settings: High and Low
- Wattage: 1,100 Watts
- BTU’s: 3,750
- Voltage: 120 Volts
- Power: Plug-In or Hardwire
- Thermostat: No
- Timer: Yes
- Remote Control: Yes
- Includes Both Log Set & Crystals
- Installation Manual (with diagrams)
- 1 Year Warranty
- Model #: 80028
- Customer Rating Reviews: 4.7 Out of 5 Stars
- Manufacturer: Touchstone Home Products
- Tech Support Phone: 800-215-1990
- For Sale: Where to Buy the Sideline Electric Fireplace
5 Things to Know Before You Buy an Electric Fireplace Heater for Your RV:
1. Are electric fireplaces safe in a motorhome? Absolutely! RV fireplace heaters are like your dependable camping buddy, designed with nifty safety features to prevent overheating. Just follow the manufacturer’s guidelines, and you’re good to glow, err, go.
2. Can I use an electric fireplace as the primary heat source in my RV? You bet! These electric wonders can be your main squeeze for warmth, and many units can heat 300-400 square feet! That said, having a backup heat source in your arsenal is like packing s’mores for a chilly night – just better.
3. Can I use the heater while driving? Not a great idea, my road-trippin’ friend. Safety comes first while you’re cruising. It’s like trying to bake cookies on a roller coaster – things might get a little messy. Use your RV fireplace heater when you’re parked and in chill mode.
4. How do I clean and maintain my fireplace? This will be the simplest hearth you’ve ever owned. No messy ashes to dispose of, just maybe a dusting now and then.
5. Do electric fireplaces have a remote control? Convenience is key, and many RV fireplace heaters come with a nifty remote control, because who wants to get out of that comfy camping chair? So, adjust the heat, set the mood, and Netflix-binge like a pro from your seat of power.
Looking to heat your camper with style? This 28-inch electric RV fireplace heater is your cozy companion, keeping you toasty in up to 300 square feet of space while adding a touch of ambiance, and best of all, no more worrying about propane, venting, or accidental tip-overs.
With lifelike flickering flames, these electric fireplaces bring warmth and charm to your RV without gobbling up propane or adding extra floor clutter.