Do you want to add a cozy, warm hearth to your home without spending a lot of time or money? This plug-in electric fireplace has a large, impressive mantel, realistic flames and a heater that can warm up to 400 square feet.
What Makes an Electric Fireplace a Good Value?
1. Get the traditional look of a fireplace that you want without all the extra cost or labor. Plus, the upscale mantel has exquisite detailing, so this “faux fireplace” doesn’t look cheap.
2. Turn any room into a cozy sanctuary with our mesmerizing LED flames. This package includes lifelike faux logs that emit a radiant glow, simulating the warmth of real burning wood. Experience the enchantment of a fireplace and instantly transform your space into an inviting haven.
3. Experience the perfect blend of modern convenience and timeless charm with this state-of-the-art fireplace. Control the flames, choose from a range of vibrant colors, and set a timer to automatically shut off at your desired time. Embrace cutting-edge technology without sacrificing the cozy ambiance of a classic hearth.
4 & 5. The firebox remains cool, ensuring safety for kids and pets. Plus, you can use it with or without heat, saving you money.
How to Install an Electric Fireplace:
LED fireplaces offer a simple and affordable alternative to wood-burning or gas hearths. With a free-standing design, installation is a breeze – no need for wall modifications.
The included mantel surround gives you that polished, built-in look without the hassle of building one yourself. And with the ability to plug into any standard 120V outlet, there’s no additional wiring.
A big advantage of electric fireplaces is that you can install them in virtually any room. And with this freestanding plug-in unit, set-up is even easier (as long as the mantel fits the space).
Note: The Salcome fireplace may not have been designed specifically for corners, but it can be placed there. Simply cover the gap between the fireplace and the wall with a painted piece of plywood.
Nail support boards into the wall at 40.25″ from the floor, then rest the slightly larger plywood (measuring around 35″ x 35″ x 50″) on these boards and against the backside of the fireplace to ensure complete coverage.
How Much Does it Cost to Install an Electric Fireplace?
Although ventless fire boxes don’t require complicated, time-intensive and costly construction projects, the price will vary by size, type and installation location. However, with this free standing plug-in fireplace, you don’t have to worry about extra labor costs.
You can simply assemble the mantel yourself, insert the firebox into the mantel and plug it in.
Note: From the photo, you’ll notice that the mantel is hollow and simple. This makes it quick to assemble and lightweight enough to move effortlessly into place.
There is one exception. If your fireplace is against a wall without an electric outlet, you may need to install one. Electricians charge $100-$200 for this job. However, you can do it yourself for about $20-$30 if you have the knowledge.
Specs for the Salcombe Plug-in Electric Fireplace:
- Dimensions: 50″ Wide x 14″ Deep x 40.25″ Tall
- Installation: Freestanding, plug-in
- Mantel Material: Wood
- Mantel Color: Grey
- Heating Area: 400 Square Feet
- Wattage: 1500 Watts
- Amps: 12.5 Amps
- Voltage: 120 Volts
- Power: Plug-In)
- Timer: Yes
- Remote Control: Yes
- Includes Faux Log Set
- Assembly Required
- Installation Manual
- Product #: FA1095959
- Customer Service Phone: 800-633-5096
- For Sale: Where to Buy the Salcombe Fireplace