Create a stunning focal point in any room with this barnwood electric fireplace plus TV console unit from Altra Furniture. Not only can it heat an entire room, it can hold a flat screen TV as well.
You don’t have to drill or cut any holes into your wall to hang your television or install a fireplace insert. This project is as easy as assembling the console and plugging in the fireplace.
Surprisingly, this entire unit only costs about $300! Get Heat, extra storage and lots of style with minimal effort. You don’t have to have decorating skills or know what good design looks like to add designer style to your living room, family room, home office or bedroom.
But Do These Electric Fireplace Flames Look Realistic?
The video below shows how to operate the AltraFlame 23″ insert that comes in the barnwood electric fireplace. (Plus, many of their other models.) You can also see how the flames look at the different settings.
Answers to Questions About the Altra Furniture Electric Fireplace:
1. Heat or No Heat. You can run the unit with or without heat. In fact, you can even set up and use the console without installing the fireplace insert.
2. The Flames Flicker. The unit has 4 different levels of “flickering flames” from low to high. Plus, you can also adjust the brightness of the “burning” logs and embers too.
3. Plug it In! This fireplace plugs into a regular wall outlet. You don’t have to hard wire it.
4. Quiet Fan. When the heater runs, you can hear the sound of the fan blower. However, it is barely noticeable.
5. It Has a Timer. These models do include a timer function, so you can set the fireplace to run for a set period of time if you want.
6. Worry Less About Your Kids and Pets. The front of the fireplace is not hot to the touch and is safe around kids and pets.
7. Cable Holes. The console has holes built-in to the back of the unit to run cables discreetly.
8. Well-Designed Storage Too. Yes, the side cabinets have shelves.
Altra Furniture provides an assembly instruction manual online that you can download. It includes helpful diagrams that walk you through the 16-step assembly process. However, some people might find it easier to watch a video explaining the construction process.
Check out the video below for visual instructions on putting the electric fireplace console together. You only need 3 tools: a phillips head screwdriver, a flathead screwdriver and a hammer. No power tools are needed.
Customers say that the assembly process usually takes between 1 and 3 hours. Those with 2 people working on the project finished significantly faster than people working alone. Something to consider before starting…
Decision Time: 2 Sizes and 2 Colors to Choose From
First of all, you get 2 color/finish options: Heritage Pine or Heritage Light Pine. Both feature a rustic, weathered wood look, but one is darker than the other.
Second, this TV console/electric fireplace unit comes in 2 different sizes: the 50″ and the 60″. As you can see, the main differences are the width of the unit and the weight capacity. In addition, you get less storage space with the smaller unit, since the size of the fireplace insert stays the same.
The 50″ model can fit a 50″ TV on top weighing up to 55 lbs. Dimensions measure 15.7 x 47.7″ wide x 29.4″ tall x 15.7″.
The 60″ console can fit a 60″ TV on top weighing up to 95 lbs. Dimensions measure
15.7 x 59.6″ wide x 29.4″ tall x 15.7″ deep.
Barnwood Electric Fireplace Specs:
- Material: Laminated Particleboard/MDF (Medium Density Fiberboard), Metal Frame Firebox Insert
- Power: 120 Volts/ 1,500 Watts
- Heat Output: 4,7000 BTU’s
- Heating Capacity: Can Heat 400 square feet
- Temperature Range: 72° to 82°
- LED Lamp Life: 50,000 Hours
- Assembly Required
- Package Includes Remote Control for Flames, Heat
- Model #: 1795096COM
- Get the Fireplace Here