Do you want a portable space heater that provides the relaxing ambiance of a wood-burning hearth? The Firelake Electric Fireplace Heater offers the best of both worlds – with a compact, lightweight design, a powerful heater and realistic flickering flames.
Add supplemental heat and a cozy feel to any room in your home without having to build a fireplace. Plus, you can conveniently move this fire box from room to room if you want to.
Movable heaters allow you to implement “zone heating”, an efficient way to cut heating costs in your home. Here’s the lowdown on how these cozy devices save you money:
Energy Efficiency: Unlike traditional hearths that lose much of their heat, electric heaters convert almost 100% of the electricity into warmth. They don’t let precious heat escape up the chimney, so they’re highly efficient.
Cost-Effective: Running an electric fireplace is a budget-friendly breeze. On average, they consume 1.4-1.5 kilowatts per hour, costing just around 8-10 cents per hour. Compare this to the skyrocketing bills from central heating, and the savings are substantial.
Zone Heating: These heaters let you warm only the rooms you’re using. Plus, some models come with thermostats and timers, allowing you to control when and where you need warmth. No more heating empty spaces while you’re away, so your cash isn’t flying out the window. Also see: how much it costs to run an electric fireplace.
Fireplace Heaters VS Space Heaters:
These portable fireplaces are a deluxe version of a traditional space heater. They typically cost more money, but the enjoyment you get from them makes them well worth it.
1. First of all, they have life-like flames and glowing logs that are mesmerizing to watch. Plus, you can adjust the flame color and brightness with a click of a button the included remote control.
2. Second, this compact heater can actually warm a room up to 400 square feet. Therefore, you can use it in a dining room or living room, unlike the cheap personal-size heaters,
3. Third, you can enjoy the flickering flames without turning on the heating function. Consequently, you can create instant ambiance in a bedroom, a home office – without having to pay for heat.
In addition, you can run the fireplace while you’re awake and set the timer to have it shut off automatically after you fall asleep.
Note: This heater runs quietly at about 37 decibels. In other words, it falls in between a whisper (30 decibels) and a refrigerator hum (40 decibels).
This Fireplace Heater VS Other Electric Fireplaces:
The Firelake fireplace comes pre-assembled, so all you need to do is plus it into an electrical outlet and turn it on. You don’t have to put a bunch of parts together, and you don’t have to hang it on a wall.
Plus, the freestanding design allows you to set it up virtually anywhere. And the top mantel stays cool, so you can use it for a small TV stand as well – or for home decor items.
As you can see, these mobile fireplaces have “Panoramic View Glass”, like expensive 3-sided fireplaces. Therefore, you can view the flames from multiple angles in the room. This modern design also makes the fire look more lifelike.
Note: Alternatively, you can get an electric fireplace stove. These are compact, powerful heaters that look like authentic wood-burning stoves.
However, they don’t bring the mess, the maintenance, the cost – and they’re safer around kids or pets.
Specs for the Firelake Electric Fireplace Heater:
- Dimensions: 27″ Wide x 12″ Deep x 26″ Tall
- Installation: Freestanding
- Weight: 33 lbs
- Frame Color: Grey Wash or Black Walnut
- Heating Area: 400 Square Feet
- Wattage: 1400 Watts
- BTU’s: 4,700
- Voltage: 110-120 Volts
- Power: Plug-In
- Power Cord Length: 6 Feet Long
- Noise Level (dBA): ≤37dBA (quiet)
- Thermostat (62 – 82 degrees F)
- Timer: Yes (up to 6 hours)
- Remote: Yes
- Customer Reviews: 4.6 Out of 5 Stars
- No Assembly Required
- 1 Year Warranty
- Overheat Protection
- Certifications: North America CSA
- Model #: Firelake FL27-GW
- Manufacturer: Turbro
- Customer Support Phone: 323-438-3334
- For Sale: Where to Buy the Fireplace Electric Fireplace
In summary, electric fireplace heaters are the epitome of energy efficiency and cost-effectiveness. With their ability to convert electricity into warmth at nearly 100% efficiency and the minimal operating cost of 8-10 cents per hour, they offer substantial savings compared to traditional central heating systems.
Their zone heating capabilities, coupled with advanced features like thermostats and timers, provide precise control, ensuring that your hard-earned money stays where it belongs – in your pocket.