Do you want a portable, powerful space heater that looks like a old-fashioned wood stove? Duraflame makes a compact electric stove heater that has realistic 3D flames and can heat a space up to 1,000 square feet. Here are 4 reasons why I think you’ll love it…
1. Best Flame Effect for an Electric Stove Fireplace:
Unlike other similar electric fireplace stoves, this model features flames that dance both on and in front of the logs. This “layered flame” design creates a real-looking 3D effect that makes your fire appear more authentic.
Not to mention, the unit itself allows you to view the burning fire through 3 sides instead of one. Although small, this fireplace ranks high in the ambiance department.
Essentially, you get the advantages of a wood-burning fireplace without the mess, smoke, cleaning and maintenance. Plus, you don’t have to provide ventilation, which adds a significant amount to the cost.
2. Cost Benefits of Electric Stove Heaters:
As you probably already know, space heaters can save you a good a mount of money simply through “zone heating”. In other words, pay for heat only where and when you need it.
If you have a basement, guest bedroom or cottage that you infrequently use, these mini stoves are perfect. (On the other hand, you might be able to use them as your main source of heat in a small studio apartment.)
In addition, electric fireplaces can operate with or without the heater. Therefore, you can use them year-round and enjoy the ambiance without paying for heat.
In general, the cost to run the LED flames alone costs just pennies per hour. This makes your mini stove fireplace even more energy efficient, plus you can enjoy it more often.
Note: By the way, this stove has an LED lighting assembly, so you don’t need to replace any bulbs. Another great cost savings!
3. Infrared Quart Heat & Why it’s Better:
Some electric fireplaces have infrared heaters while others do not. This Duraflame model does, and here are the advantages.
2. Second, infrared technology doesn’t dry the air like many fan heaters. Instead, it maintains the natural humidity, so the space feels more comfortable and you don’t have to add moisture to the room.
3. Third, this heater doesn’t cause static electricity, like other types of space heaters. You know, when you touch the door knob and get shocked?
4. Safe for Kids, Pets and …. Carpets:
They also are super safe if you have kids or pets. For example, the glass and frame stays cool to the touch even when the heater is on. Plus, the unit comes with overheat protection, where it will automatically turn off.
Is It Safe to Use the Electric Heater on Carpet?
Yes! The heating element is located on the top side of the stove fireplace. So, you can use this unit on carpet without needing to buy a special pad, etc..
Note: Beyond realistic flames, year-round ambiance, energy efficiency and safety, I love these “mini fireplaces” because they are truly portable. This makes them ultra-convenient and easy to use.
Specs for the Duraflame Electric Stove Heater:
- Dimensions: 24″ Wide x 23.4″ Tall x 13″ Deep
- Weight: 28.6 lbs
- Colors: Black, Navy, French Grey, White/Cream, Bronze or Cinnamon Red
- Material: Metal
- Firebox: Log Set
- 3D Flame Technology
- 5 Flame Brightness Settings
- Heating Area: 1,000 Square Feet
- Heat Output: 5,200 BTU’s
- Voltage: 120V
- Amps: 12.5
- Package Includes Remote Control
- Has Thermostat: Yes
- Has Timer: Yes
- No Assembly Required
- Model #: DFI-5010
- Brand: Duraflame
- Phone: 702-803-7701
- For Sale: Where to Buy the Electric Stove Fireplace