Do you want to turn your living room into a warm, inviting space – with a colorful fireplace? The Sideline Elite electric fireplace with multi color flames has an impressive look, relaxing ambiance and will totally entertain your guests!
How to Use an Electric Fireplace with Multi Color Flames:
A big advantage of the Sideline Elite model comes down to its numerous flame color combinations. For example, you can choose from 10 media shades and 6 different flame hues and combine them in various ways.
Plus, you can have colors continuously change with the color cycle option. By the way, this setting works perfectly if you simply can’t decide on a color. (Talk about a fireplace that will impress guests!)
On top of that, you can adjust the intensity of the colored flames, depending on your mood.
Because the Sideline Elite creates a stunning focal point in the room, Touchstone gave this model a narrow frame. This makes the firebox appear larger, while not detracting from the flickering flames.
This sleek, modern style also makes the unit look more like a traditional built-in fireplace. The flickering multicolor LED flames look very realistic too.
Note: You can run your electric fireplace with or without heat. In fact, most of the time I use my firebox without turning on the heater. You can save a bunch of money – while still enjoying the luxurious ambiance of flickering flames.
Specs for the Sideline Elite Electric Fireplace:
- 3 Size Options: 42″, 50″ or 72″
- Weight: 55 lbs
- Fireplace Style: Recessed
- Firebox Material: Alloy Steel
- Frame Color: Black
- 60 Flame Color Combinations
- Wattage: 1500 Watts
- Voltage: 120 Volts
- Heat Settings: High and Low (750 Watts)
- Heating Area: 400 Square Feet
- Can Operate with or without Heat
- Thermostat Range: 68-88°F
- Unit Comes with Remote Control
- Package Includes Logs, Driftwood and Crystals
- Model #: 80036
- Manufacturer: Touchstone Home Products, Inc.
- Phone: 800-215-1990
- For Sale: Where to Buy the Sideline Elite
How to Install Your Electric Fireplace:
Touchstone makes this fireplace easy to install. As a result, some homeowners choose to install it themselves.
1. First of all, you can recess it or hang it directly onto a wall (with the included mounting bracket). So, you don’t even have to cut into drywall if you don’t want to. This particular model comes with a plug and the ability to hardwire the fireplace directly.
2. Second, electric fireplaces don’t require venting or chimneys. Therefore, the build process is much simpler (and cheaper!). Not to mention, you have more options as far as where you can put the firebox.
The video below shows step-by-step how to recess your firebox into the wall. Plus, you can see how to operate the unit once you have it set up.
Note: This fireplace has heat vents at the top of the unit. Therefore, you don’t want to install it directly under a television. Instead, allow at least 8 inches distance.
For that same reason, you should install the unit at least 8 inches below the ceiling. That said, most people place their fireplace in the mid or lower portion of the wall.
Fireplace Dimensions… and Their Advantages:
The diagram below shows the actual dimensions for the 50-inch model (49 3/4″ Wide x 19 1/4″ Tall x 5 1/2″ Deep). As you can see, it has a slim design so you can more easily recess it into a wall.
In addition, this electric fireplace doesn’t weigh much for its large size (only 55 lbs). As a result, the unit is much easier to handle for installation.
Plus, the 5 1/2″ depth allows the unit to have a low profile if you decide to hang it on the wall (vs recessing it into the wall).